Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Skating With The Stars: I Know Who 66% of Them Are Including Bethenny Frankel, Jonny Moseley and Sean Young


Last night on the Dancing with the Stars Results Show which saw Maks & Brandy sent home by Mark & Bristol, there was an ad for an upcoming new ABC show, Skating with the Stars.

I somehow do not think ABC is going to have the same success this skating show as they have with their dancing show.

However, I actually recognized a higher percentage of the skater's names than I did the dancer's names when the most recent list of Dancing with the Stars dancer's names was released.

I know Jonny Moseley is an Olympic skier. And that Sean Young is an actress who has, at times, fallen on hard times. And Vince Neil is a rocker who also has fallen on hard times and has shown up on at least one other Reality TV show that I have watched. Was it Celebrity Fit Club or The Surreal Life? Or both?

And then there is the skater whom the ad promo described as a Reality TV Show Superstar. I can not argue with that description. Because of the little group of 6 skaters, Bethenny Frankel is the one who I feel like I know the best. As in know real well, due to her star turns on The Real Housewives of New York City and her spin-off show, also on Bravo, Bethenny's Getting Married?

I believe we have seen Bethenny ice skate on RHONYC. Or am I confusing Bethenny her extremely annoying ex-friend, Jill Zarin? Will Bethenny's amusing brand of sarcastic wit be able to shine through the ice on this show?

The other two skaters, whom I'd never heard of are yet one more Disney Channel star, a guy named Brandon Mychal Smith, who plays Nico Harris on a sitcom called Sonny With A Chance. And Rebecca Budig, who is on ABC's All My Children, playing a character named Greenlee Smythe.

How long can this show run with only 6 skaters? I don't know if I will be interested enough to watch beyond the premiere, which happens Monday, November 22, 9/8C on ABC.

No comments: