Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Elizabeth Taylor Tweets on Twitter about her Heart Operation

Yesterday I blogged about Levi Johnston as an example of how I finally found some entertainment value in Twitter.

Yesterday I also learned that Elizabeth Taylor has taken to Twittering. I mean Tweeting. Elizabeth Taylor is my favorite living movie star.

I clicked on Elizabeth's "Follow" button, which makes me a follower of Elizabeth Taylor's Tweets.

It was from Elizabeth's Twittering that I learned she had a heart operation yesterday. This would be another example of how Twitter is a new form of media, like when Twitter was used to get info out about the unrest in Iran.

And Elizabeth is using Twitter to counter misinformation in the press about her hospital stay.

I'll copy Elizabeth's Tweets about her heart in oldest to newest order, with the newest being just a few minutes ago, which would seem to indicate Elizabeth is doing well....

Dear Friends, I would like to let you know before it gets in the papers that I am going into the hospital to have a procedure on my heart.

It's very new and involves repairing my leaky valve using a clip device, without open heart surgery, so that my heart will function better.

Any prayers you happen to have lying around I would dearly appreciate. I'll let you know when it's all over. Love you, Elizabeth

Dear Friends, I was completely honest with you about my hospitalization. Now the press, bless their little hearts, had to add something by saying that I had diabetes, which is a total lie. But I guess they can't help themselves. Talk to later as promised. Love, Elizabeth

No comments: