Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dancing With The Stars: Donny Osmond Rumbas into Bruno's Embrace

The fast forward function comes in real handy when watching 2 hour long episodes of Dancing With the Stars.

I was not in fast forward mode when Donny Osmond brought viewers what Carrie Ann Inaba characterized as an "awkward" moment of TV.

Judge Bruno Tonioli, the Italian, did not enjoy Donny's rumba all that much, telling Donny that he needs to "turn to the dark side."

Donny then rushed up to Bruno, wrapped his arms around him, bent Bruno over the judges' table and gave him a big Mormon kiss.

Donny then said, "I don't think they're going to let me back in Utah anymore!"

This was followed by terribly inept, humorless co-host Samantha Harris saying something to Donny about "needing a cigarette after that." And then after Bruno gave Donny a 7, she said, "You should have given him tongue."

And then for more Tacky TV, excellent, amusing host, Tom Bergeron, sat next to Paula Abdul, in the audience, asking her what's new. Paula stammered out something about it being a great show, except for Len who should be called Sim-Len or Len-Sim. Bergeron said something else and Paula suggested that she and Carrie Ann should make out. To which Carrie Ann indicated that she was onboard for that.

Other than the Donny bit, Mya and Dimitry Chaplin stand out in my memory. A very sexy rumba with Len Goodman giving them a 7, with the other two judges giving out the first 10s of the season.

I like that Louis Vito, the snowboarder. He and Chelsie Hightower are a fun pair to watch.

I also like Debi Mazar and Maks. Debi was costumed a bit odd. I don't remember if it was a samba or a rumba. They only got 17 points.

I don't like Aaron Carter. Don't know why. Fast forward.

Kelly Osbourne did better than last week's tango. But she and Louis van Amstel only got 20 points.

I like Cheryl Burke, but Tom DeLay gets the fast forward button. I do know they only got 15 points, which was not the lowest of the night. That honor went to Michael Irvin and Anna Demidova with only 14.

So, the pairs with the lowest scores had a very popular football player and a very unpopular politician. If I had any money and a place to bet it, I'd bet on DeLay going home tonight.

No comments: