Thursday, May 5, 2011

American Idol's Final 5 Performance Show with Haley Reinhart Getting Standing Ovation

My two favorites on American Idol have now been reduced down to Scotty McCreery and Haley Reinhart.

Haley won me over with her showstopper showender rendition of the Animal's "House of the Rising Sun." This got her a standing ovation from the crowd, including the judges.

Scotty McCreery is only 17. Yet he seems much older and very confident. I was surprised by how energetically he owned the stage in his first song of the night, Montgomery Gentry's Southern Rocker "Gone."  I also liked his version of the Elvis classic, "Always on My Mind."

How can Lauren Alaina only be 16 years old? I didn't care for Alaina's first song, Carrie Underwood's "Flat on the Floor." But, I liked her version of The Righteous Brothers' "Unchained Melody."

Jacob Lusk I fast forwarded past.

That leaves James Durbin. His teary breakdown over Harry Nilsson's "Without You" seemed a bit much to me. I try and like this kid. But then he comes out with that tail again.

After tonight we will be down to four finalists. With the 10th season of American Idol scheduled to end on May 26. Unless those end of the world predictors turn out to be correct, with the world ending on May 21. If that happens we will never know who won the 10th season of American Idol. And it won't really matter all that much. Not that it matters all that much either way.

I'm guessing Jacob Lusk goes tonight.

No comments: