Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Night Durango TV Ratings Sweeps

We are currently experiencing what is known as the November TV Ratings Sweeps. I have no idea what the meaning of the word "sweeps" is. I do know that during Rating Sweeps advertising rates are determined. So, TV shows pull all sorts of stunts to try to get a higher ranking in the Nielsen Ratings.

Tonight I don't know what, if any, special sweeps stunts are on any particular Monday night program. I do know there is a special on The History Channel called Einstein. It's all about him working to get his relativity theory to make sense. This is a 2 hour look at Einstein. 9pm Eastern, 8pm Central.

On tonight's Dancing with the Stars there are only 4 Stars left dancing. Cody Linley, Lance Bass, Brooke Burke and Warren Sapp. 2 out of the 4 remaining Stars I'd not heard of before I saw them dance, the 2 unknown to me being Cody Linley and Warren Sapp.

Prison Break is on tonight. I am now 4 episodes behind. I'm having the same trouble with a DVR that I always had with a VCR. In that I record a program and then not get around to watching it. With the DVR it is way too easy to record. The thing even automatically records any random thing I watch while channel chasing. You can go get something to drink, come back and hit the rewind button and go back to where you were when you went to the kitchen.

One Tree Hill may be a sweeps stunt tonight. The episode is written by one of the serie's actors, Chad Michael Murray. The episode goes back in time to the 1940s where Murray is the owner of a nightclub.

Tonight marks the 150th episode of CSI: Miami. I've watched this show a time or two. It requires almost as strong suspension of disbelief as does Prison Break. It was the episode where a tsunami crashed into Miami that did it for me. I've not watched CSI: Miami since. I don't mind suspending disbelief. I do mind when doing so also requires being stupid.

A new episode of Samantha Who? airs tonight after Dancing with the Stars. I like Samantha Who? I find it very amusing and cleverly plotted. Maybe I should set my DVR to record it. I've actually only managed to watch Samantha Who? twice. Christina Applegate and Jean Smart are very funny.

No comments: