Thursday, November 6, 2008

Amazing Race Isn't So Amazing Anymore

I tried to watch Amazing Race last night. Yes, I know it's on Sunday night and last night was Wednesday night. I recorded it on Sunday on that cool new DVR thing I've mentioned before. The DVR thing makes time shifting and fast forwarding so easy it really cuts down on the TV viewing time.

Like I said, I tried to watch Amazing Race last night. I bailed soon after my popcorn wore out. I've grown real tired of how much of the show is spent in airports watching the frantic attempts to get the best flight. I didn't even find that all that interesting the first time I saw it.

Last week I made it past the airport frenzy to make it to Cambodia. Now Cambodia was interesting and is the type thing that originally caused me to like Amazing Race. The teams had to figure out how to pump gas, then find their way to a boat, then find their way to a floating restaurant in a floating city and then perform a bunch of tasks.

Seeing stuff I did not know existed, that's why I like, or liked Amazing Race. After the teams were done finding stuff on the lake they had to make their way to Angkor Wat. If you don't know what Angkor Wat is, you really should, go here to find out. The Cambodians let Amazing Race have the run of Angkor Wat. I was amazed.

I have no idea if Amazing Race went anywhere amazing this week. I'll likely fast forward past the airport frenzy and find out. But last night all that frenzy just made me want to turn off the TV. So I did.

No comments: