Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dr. Drew Counsels As Maurice & Cheryl Get The Boot On Dancing With The Stars

The results show of last night's Dancing with the Stars held my interest better than the previous night when the dancing took place. With no Cloris dancing my interest level went down.

One entertaining part of the results show was seeing Julianne Hough jump out of a piano to dance with her brother. She was flipping and bouncing all over the place, even lifting her brother at one point. So, it would appear she has had a good recovery from her surgery for endometriosis.

The other entertaining moment on last night's show also involved Julianne Hough. The results show always uses a lot of usually quite lame fillers to manage to bloat the show up to an hour. Last night, two of the fillers were semi-entertaining or interesting.

The entertaining filler was having the ubiquitous Dr. Drew counsel the dancing pairs. When he counseled Julianne and her partner, Cody, Cody broke down crying. Then Julianne started crying. Dr. Drew supplied some Kleenex. The Cody kid is an actor on some show I've never seen about a girl named Hannah Montana. I don't know if his were acting tears or real tears. But they seemed pretty real to me. Which means they were, or Cody is a good actor. Which I doubt.

Another Dr. Drew counselling session that had some entertainment value was Julianne's brother Derek and his dance partner, Brooke Burke. Apparently Brooke felt insulted by Derek at times. Derek appeared to be a bit unsettled. It was amusing to see him not mugging at the camera for once.

The interesting filler was a Professor of Kinesiology explaining how the professional dancers were highly trained athletes, even more so than most other athletes.

Throughout the results show the extremely annoying and often dense co-host Samantha Harris kept repeating that we were heading into the semi-finals. That sounds goofy to me each time I hear it. I don't know why. It's not the World Series. Or the Superbowl. Or is it?

Cheryl Burke and her partner I'd never heard of before, named Maurice, seemed to take getting the boot well. Cheryl is likable. I still don't get why now crew-cutted Maksim Chmerkovskiy and that other dancer guy told TV Guide that Cheryl was fat. Maksim was on last night's show to dance to a bad Brad Paisley song.

I saw no sign of Cloris Leachman in the audience. But I have these shows on DVR and there is some fast forwarding involved.

No comments: