Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Dancing With The Stars Without Cloris

I made it through the first hour of last night's first Dancing with the Stars without Cloris Leachman. The entertainment value took a stock market-worthy plunge. I thought last week I heard Cloris say she wasn't leaving, that she'd show up for the next week's show. But I saw no sign of Cloris.

If I remember right I've bailed on the last 2 seasons of DWTS when I got bored after the amusing people got the boot. While Cloris was on the show she made it the most amusing it's ever been.

Now that 82 year old Cloris is no longer dancing that leaves Susan Lucci as the reigning dancing Senior Citizen. High Definition TV is not a friend of Susan Lucci. She is way too skinny. She needs those 10 extra pounds back that the camera supposedly adds. Ms. Lucci must be on an accelerated aging program or I'm on one, because I can remember when I first ever saw her she was a teenager on All My Children. And now she's approaching 70? I know soaps zap through time and it takes a newborn only a couple years to become a teenager, but still, how did Erica Kane get so old?

It was slightly interesting last night to see endometriosis stricken, hospitalized Julianne Hough's replacement Edyta, the saucy Russian, work with the kid from Hannah Montana. Seeing the less severely endometriosis stricken, treated by medication, not the knife, Lacey Schwimmer finally get fed up with Lance Bass's constant whining, had some entertainment value. Of course, that did not last long before the inevitable kiss and makeup all is hunky dory scene.

Anyway, with Cloris gone I think it's time for me to bail on watching the dancing. Below you can watch a YouTube video of the most demented dance Cloris did, the Jive. She lost her wig on this one...

No comments: