Thursday, July 29, 2010

Is Jessica Simpson Replacing Simon Cowell on American Idol?

I thought it a ridiculous concept when I read this morning that Jessica Simpson is rumored to be the replacement for Simon Cowell on American Idol.

I like Jessica Simpson. She can be funny. Often not on purpose.

But, if American Idol has not already Jumped the Shark. And I think it has. Adding Jessica Simpson will surely be the final Jump of the Shark for this particular show.

Jessica Simpson would be like the anti-Simon Cowell. Where he was mean, snippy and, well, brutally honest, Jessica Simpson is just a sweet-natured nice Texas girl.

So, you'd have Jessica sitting next to the ever more annoying Kara DioGuardi, sitting next to the ever less amusing, borderline tiresome Ellen DeGeneres, sitting next to the only original left, Randy Jackson.

I just can't picture it. But, I guess I'd want to tune in, just to watch the absurdity of it.

No comments: