Friday, April 8, 2011

Pia Toscano's Shocking Elimination From American Idol Leaves Jennifer Lopez Speechless

Apparently a lot of people thought Pia Toscano was the best singer this year on American Idol.

But, they didn't vote, so she got the least votes and left the show on Thursday's results show.

The judges were in shock.

The audience was booing.

The night before, after Pia sang, Steven Tyler said something like a million men in a million bars were having a drink over Pia singing. I did not quite get what that meant, exactly, but those million men weren't doing any American Idol voting.

After Pia got the boot, Jennifer Lopez said "I am shocked. I am angry, I don't even know what to say." She looked stunned, like she was about to cry.

Randy Jackson said, in an unusually long sentence, for him, "I'm never upset on this show, and I'm never really mad, but this, like, this makes me mad. What is going on?"

In the bottom 3, with Pia, were Jacob Lusk and Stefano Langone.

I fast forwarded past Russell Brand giving personality lessons.

I fast forwarded right past Constantine Maroulis singing Unchained Melody.

I also fast forwarded quickly past a shirtless Iggy Pop.

I don't really see why it is so shocking that Pia Toscano did not attract enough votes. What are the demographics of the voters? I'd guess teenage and younger girls. Who are they going to be voting for? Scotty McCreery and James Durbin and Paul McDonald, maybe.

The tween girls likely also would be voting for the cute girls. But, a sultry singer with an older vibe, like Pia, she would likely not be the type the tween girls would gravitate to.

Methinks if American Idol wants to have some control over this type travesty that maybe they should adopt the Dancing with the Stars method, thus taking some power away from all the little girls and their power voting.

After Scotty McCreery's rock and roll Elvis rendition, singing "That's All right", I think he's the front runner.

No comments: