Thursday, April 14, 2011

American Idol's Final 7 with Jennifer Lopez the Most Beautiful Woman in the World

I don't recollect making such heavy use of the fast forward button whilst watching American Idol in previous seasons. I am fairly certain I was DVR empowered for at least 2 previous seasons of AI.

If I count correctly there are 7 singers remaining, with one sent home tonight. Only 2 girls remain.

My choice to be sent home tonight, if I were the American Idol dictator, would be either Stefano Langone, Jacob Lusk or Paul McDonald.

Casey Abrams keeps losing more and more of his beard, which is letting us see more and more of his face, which sort of gets you understanding what he was hiding behind that big bushy red beard.

I like the kinder, gentler American Idol. But I sort of miss the Simon Cowell type remarks. On Wednesday's show the only criticism I recollect hearing was Haley Reinhart being told her rendition of Blondie's "Call Me," with Randy Jackson saying it was a little "karaoke."

Isn't all of American Idol a little "karaoke?"

I read on the Interwebs that Scotty McCreery's sidewise holding of the microphone is wearing on some viewer's nerves. I don't see why this would bother anyone. I think Scotty is my favorite out of this group. But I wish he'd sang Nilsson's "Everybody's Talkin," rather than a George Strait song.

Lauren Alaina is the other remaining girl. I like her. But she sang a Miley Cyrus song I'd never heard of and did not like.

On Wednesday's show we learned that the 3rd girl on American Idol, Jennifer Lopez, is now officially the world's most beautiful woman.

I'm guessing it will be Jacob Lusk who gets the boot tonight.

I'll be watching after the DVR does its job, likely with heavy use of the fast forward button.

No comments: