Friday, February 25, 2011

American Idol's Season 10 Top 24

I let the DVR get a half hour ahead before I started watching American Idol on Thursday.

After watching an hour I had caught up with the recording. I think I must have fast forwarded past some key moments.

When did the singing in the aircraft hangar take place? On Wednesday duos or trios sang Beatles songs in Las Vegas.

As the various singers took the long walk to sit in front of the judges, to learn if they were in the Top 24, we'd cut to scenes of what led them to that point. Including singing solo in an aircraft hangar.

I really need to cut down on my use of the fast forward button.

This year the age limit was lowered to 15. But none of the 15 year olds made it through. I thought 15 year old Jacee Badeaux was a shoo-in. He'd gotten an awful lot of camera time. And was quite likable. And seemed to sing well to my tone deaf ears.

Next week the voting starts up. The males sing on Tuesday, followed by the girls on Wednesday, followed by the Thursday results show.

The male Top 12 are Casey Abrams, 20, of Idyllwild, Calif.; Jovany Barreto, 23, Harvey, La.; Jordan Dorsey, 21, Donaldsville, La.; James Durbin, 22, Santa Cruz, Calif.; Clint Jun Gamboa, 26, Long Beach, Calif., and Tim Halperin, 23, Fort Worth, Texas, Stefano Langone, 21, Kent, Wash.; Brett Loewenstern, 17, Boca Raton, Fla.; Jacob Lusk, 23, Compton, Calif.; Scotty McCreery, 17, Garner, N.C.; Paul McDonald, 26, Nashville, Tenn., and Robbie Rosen, 17, Merrick, N.Y.

The female Top 12 are Naima Adedapo, 26, Milwaukee, Wisc.; Lauren Alaina, 16, Rossville, Ga.; Kendra Chantelle, 22, Nashville, Tenn.; Ashthon Jones, 24, Nashville, Tenn.; Thia Megia, 16, Mountain House, Calif., and Haley Reinhart, 20, Wheeling, Ill., Karen Rodriguez, 21, New York; Pia Toscano, 22, Howard Beach, N.Y.; Lauren Turner, 24, Slidell, La.; Tatynisa Wilson, 20, Aurora, Ill.; Julie Zorrilla, 20, Los Angeles and Rachel Zevita, 23, New York.

This year in addition to voting by phone and text message you can also vote via Facebook. How that works I have no idea. But I do know for almost 100% certainty that I won't be voting.

No comments: