Monday, August 9, 2010

Bachelor Pad Party Starts Tonight

I believe tonight, Monday, August 9, ABC's Bachelor Pad starts up. It's 2 hours long. I don't know if each episode is 2 hours long. I'll watch after the DVR records enough to give me FF ability.

The previews for Bachelor Pad seem to indicate that there is a lot of drama in the Bachelor Pad. Drama on a Reality TV Show is usually entertaining. And alcohol fueled

I'm not completely clear on how Bachelor Pad works, but I've been able to glean that it is some mutant mix between The Bachelor/Bachelorette/Big Brother and Survivor.

Nineteen former Bachelors and Bachelorettes make up the residents of the Bachelor Pad.

Each week there is a competition. The winner gets a rose. With that rose the winner is safe from being voted out of the tribe, I mean out of the Bachelor Pad. The rose winner gets to pick, I think, 3 people to go on a date with him or her. On that date the first rose winner gives out another immunity rose.

Chris Harrison is the host, so that should guarantee a certain level of smarm. That girl that Jason Mesnik famously dumped, Melissa Rycroft, shows up in some role. Maybe she runs the eviction segment.

All the Bachelor Pad residents share one big bedroom, sleeping in bunkbeds. Apparently tonight one pair decides to share a bunk. Noisily.

I read this morning that Bachelor Pad is going to test the limits of how R-Rated a network Reality TV Show can get. Apparently this is a clothing optional, for the most part, Bachelor Pad.

Oh. One more thing. The last person in the house wins a quarter million dollars. So, Bachelor Pad is not about the search for love, it's about the search for love and money.

No comments: