Friday, August 20, 2010

Real Housewives of Atlanta: Lisa Wu Hartwell Out

I don't know why Lisa Wu Hartwell has been removed from The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Maybe it's because she'd grown very boring and contrived by the time the second season rolled around.

Of the multiple Bravo Real Housewives franchises I only watch the New York and Atlanta girls. I've seen not a moment of the D.C. Housewives.

Two new housewives will replace Hartwell. One is model Cynthia Bailey. The other is a lawyer named Phaedra Parks.

Bailey is not a wife. She's a single mom who is old friends with old Atlanta Housewife, Nene Leakes. Apparently Cynthia Bailey's plot line involves trying to hold on to her long time boyfriend, who I assume is the father of the child. I'm likely wrong in that assumption.

Phaedra Parks is an entertainment attorney with several high profile clients. She is married to a younger man who has done jail time.

Meanwhile, Kim Zolciak, she of boinking Big Poppa fame, is still saying she is involved with a woman, while she continues to pursue her music career, looking for a follow up hit to Tardy For The Party.

Nene gets a job while her marriage to Greg crumbles to pieces.

Sheree Whitfield has moved on from being a failed high fashion designer, with her She by Sheree line, to now being an actress, likely with success equal to her fashion designing.

Kandi Burruss is still recovering from the murder of her ex-fiance.

Over in the New Jersey Housewives world, Danielle Staub has been removed from the show. I've not watched a complete episode with the New Jersey girls. I find them disturbing. But I have seen enough of Danielle Staub to get why it would be a good idea to get her off TV.

And then we have my favorite housewives, the New York City girls. If Bravo decided to dump Danielle Staub, surely the same boot will be given to Kelly Bensimon. I have seen polls showing viewers find Bensimon far more disturbing that Staub.

No comments: