Tuesday, June 22, 2010

American Idol Season 10 Lowers Audition Age

American Idol's Season 10 auditions start July 17. I don't think Simon Cowell has been replaced yet.

If there were a place to place a bet, I'd place a bet that this is the year when American Idol falls from its #1 top-rated TV show position.

Yesterday it was announced that American Idol is lowering the audition age by one year, so now singer wannabes who are between 15 and 28 are eligible.

15 years old? This does not seem like a good idea to me.

Now, I would have some hope for the survival of American Idol, after Season 9's total lacklusterness, if yesterday it was announced that Harry Connick Jr. was replacing Simon Cowell, that Paula Abdul was returning, and that Kara DioGuardi and Ellen DeGeneres had been booted.

If you are between 15 and 28 and think you can warble like Carrie Underwood and Lee DeWyze go to the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on Saturday, July 17, Bradley Center in Milwaukee on Wednesday, July 21, an undisclosed location in New Orleans on Monday, July 26, IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Tuesday, August 3, Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas on Wednesday, August 11 and AT & T Park in San Francisco on Thursday, August 19.

I think I'll audition for American Idol this year. Austin is a short drive from my current location. I'm sure I can pass for 28. Do they ask to see I.D.? What I.D. would a 15 year old have?

No comments: