Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Paris Hilton's New BFF & Daisy Of Love

I had insomnia, I was up late, I was bored, I didn't have the energy to do anything else. I don't know why I think I need to make up an excuse as to why I watched Paris Hilton's My New BFF on MTV last night. And Daisy of Love on VH1.

I've found Paris Hilton amusing for a long time, beginning sometime around when she did the first season of The Simple Life, around the same time many of us got to know Paris intimately, via a video that had gone viral on the Internet. In that video Paris was quite involved with the husband of Shannon Doherty, a guy named Rick Solomon.

On last night's search for Paris' new BFF Paris got quite miffed at one of her potential BFF's rather raunchy behavior at a Bachelor Party Paris had set up to test all the girl's behavior. Now, if I had a friend act like that girl did, I would show her the door, but for Paris to get all haughty about it seemed a tad funny.

Most of the girl's who are vying to be the new BFF of Paris are rather unattractive. There is one strange boy vying to be the BFF of Paris. He got all scaredy cat when Paris wanted him to pole dance. He should have just said, no, I am not pole dancing and leave it at that.

I don't know what happened to the last BFF Paris picked, I think her name is Vanessa. I suppose it's like that Bret Michael's Rock of Love show where each year he has to find a new groupie due to the previous season's wearing out her welcome.

Speaking of Bret Michaels. During MTV commercials I switched to VH1 where there was yet one more of those appalling tacky find a mate shows, called Daisy of Love. Daisy is Daisy de la Hoya, a runner up on Bret Michael's Rock of Love. Daisy is one odd-looking, trashy girl. But not nearly as trashy as the boys she is finding love with.

When I long ago blogged about the Bret Michael's show, the blogging title was Bret Michael's Rock of Love and the Skanks. Now, when I wrote that, Daisy was one of the ones I was referring to as a skank. The worst was this very very odd-looking German woman.

I'm appalled and amazed VH1 gave this Daisy creature her own find a mate show. Though, she was much more likable on this Daisy of Love show than she was being a skank on Bret Michael's show.

Let's hope this bout of insomnia abates soon, or I fear it is more trash TV for me tonight.

No comments: