Monday, June 22, 2009

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! Janice Dickinson & Holly Montag Get Booted, Stephen Baldwin Quits

My TV viewing has really dwindled down to practically nothing. Which makes it a bit hard to be writing a TV Blog. I have found myself watching a lot of cable news the past few days. And The Military Channel.

I record I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!, which makes for a lot of fast forwarding. Somehow I accidentally erased last Thursday's show, where Holly Montag and Janice Dickinson got voted out of the jungle.

I later was able to rectify that error, via MTV, and have now seen Janice leave the jungle. She took it well. I imagine it was a relief. Earlier in the episode we saw her run into the jungle when she freaked out during a food challenge that involved swimming with crocodiles. A situation with which I am very familiar.

That is Stephen Baldwin in the tank with the crocodiles, in the photo above, trying to find one of 3 stars, so that he can eat pizza. But Lou Diamond Phillips, Sanjaya and Patty Blagojevich found the pizza stars, leaving Stephen Baldwin pizza-free and hungry.

I don't know if the lack of pizza is what caused Baldwin to walk off the show. Or maybe he had been told that his Rockland County, New York home had been foreclosed upon and set to be publicly auctioned. Court filings revealed that Stephen and his wife, Kennya, had defaulted on over $800,000 in mortgage payments.

It wasn't like staying on the show and winning was going to get Baldwin some huge cash prize that he could use to save the farm. He must have known of the impending foreclosure before he went to Costa Rica a couple weeks ago. So, I don't see why the foreclosure would cause the sudden escape. It almost makes tonight's show possibly mildly interesting to find out. If I remember to watch.

Baldwin seemed to be enjoying himself. I found him extremely annoying, and not in an entertaining way. He seems to be one of those people who think they have a hilarious sense of humor. But aren't even remotely funny when they are trying to be. He was not intending to be, but Baldwin was funny doing his Jesus shtick, particularly when he was so excited when he thought he had Janice Dickinson on a path to the Lord.

What is it with the Baldwin boys that they all chunk up so big when they get out of their 20s? I guess I don't know if William Baldwin has chunked up. Being fat is never an improvement for anyone, but some seem to handle girth better than others. Stephen is one of those for whom fat is not his friend. Nor are all those tattoos on his porky skin.

Just a few minutes ago I saw a photo of Ryan O'Neal. He's another actor who let himself go. He's in the news today due to announcing that he and Farrah Fawcett are getting married as soon as she gets out of her latest hospital stay and is strong enough to say "I do." O'Neal is also trying to get his son, Redmond, out of jail, so that he can see his mom. Farrah must be in really bad shape. She has always been one of my favorite celebrities. Ryan O'Neal and Farrah would have been fun to watch on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!

No comments: