Tuesday, June 2, 2009

ABC's The Bachelorette: Tanner P's Jillian Foot Fetish

I was not going to watch the latest iteration of ABC's The Bachelorette. I just don't care for the version that has one girl pursuing 50 guys. This somehow always seems to make the girl seem a bit, well, trashy. So many men to kiss.

Now, I realize this is wrong-headed thinking on my part and is a totally unfair double-standard.

So, last night I let I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! get ahead on the DVR before I started watching it. When I went to watch, I caught up with it being live way too fast. That had me over on ABC to watch the girl seeking a husband show, that being Jillian, and all her men.

I don't believe I've seen a guy with a foot fetish on a reality TV show before. Apparently the guy who has one on this show has been open about it from the start. His name is Tanner and he lives near me, in Dallas. He goes on and on about Jillian's feet. If the feet are viewable he can't quit looking at them. Or talking about them.

At one point Jillian got in a giant hot tub, with all her men, and soon Tanner was all over her feet. Jillian did not seem to mind. At another point, while out of the hot tub, while talking to Tanner, Jillian put her feet on Tanner's lap, where he worshipped them and sang their praises.

Speaking of singing, there is this guy, I think the name was Wes, also from Texas, he being from Austin, who was constantly strumming a guitar and working on a song he wrote for Jillian. He started the song over and over again. I really got tired of it. Then when he learned that Jillian had dumped this nice guy named Sasha, because he'd never had his heart broken, sending him off into the sunset on a LA bus, Wes, the guitar player stood under Jillian's balcony and started up that damn song again. Jillian came to the balcony and soon Wes was in her private quarters, kissing her and singing that song.

There is a guy named David, who seems a tad emotionally crippled, who seems to be fixated on a guy named Juan, due to David thinking something is wrong with Juan. I don't quite get it, due to not having seen enough of this train wreck. I've not watched the last half hour. I know David lays into Juan and Juan handles him smoothly. I thought Juan was simply a well-refined American. Turns out he his is from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The weirdest part, of what I've watched, had Jillian kissing all the guys but two, when they went to a Hollywood set where the guys got in various wild west cowboy type costumes. Some were happy with their cowboy duds, others not so much. They each had a script to learn and a scene with Jillian, that ended with a kiss, except for two of the cowboys who's characters were Brokeback Mountain derivatives, with their script having Jillian discovering the boy's having a lover's spat. Some discussion ensued regarding whether she would give them each a rose if they kissed each other. The answer was no.

I have not watched the part where she sends boys home, but I know from reading Survivor Sucks that she kept the guy who likes her feet a lot. And David who hates Juan. And Juan. I don't know if she kept the Brokeback Mountain boys who tried to negotiate for a rose with a special kiss.

What a weird, yet entertaining and ridiculous TV show. I may watch another episode.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLOL I think you pretty much hit the damaged nail on the head. That guy Tanner P is kind of nasty to me though. She's equally as nasty since she allows it to happen. If some strange guy I didn't know basically ripped my feet from out from under me and started sucking on my toes, he'd have far fewer teeth then when he started. Not to mention, he sucks on her feet, she kisses him, would you want to kiss her??? Makes me shudder to think of it.

Durango TV said...

I had not connected the dots that had Jillian's toes going to other lips. Profoundly disturbing. It comes on in about 1 minute. I'm recording.