Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here: Heidi Hospitalized, Spencer Claims They Were Tortured

I don't recollect a bigger train wreck mess on primetime network TV than NBC's I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!

The last episode aired on Thursday. The first celebrity got out of there, that being one half of the funny Frangelo pair.

Daniel Baldwin walked into camp, as predicted, to replace Spencer Pratt, who we saw quit with his wife Heidi, on the previous episode. Holly Montag, Heidi's sister, was supposedly going to replace her, but she did not walk in to camp.

Then towards the end of the last episode, during one of the live segments with the 2 hosts who's names I don't remember, Spencer and Heidi are back, saying they have seen the evil of their ways and want back on the show.

How can that be fair, I thought? They sat out the immunity challenge thing, or whatever it was called. Their names weren't on the list to be voted out. Another person got the boot. How can Spencer and Heidi get back on the show?

Then we get told that if Spencer and Heidi survive a night in the Chamber of Horrors and if the rest of the "celebrities" vote to let them back in, then they can be back on the show.

So, Thursday we see the pair entering the supposed Chamber of Horrors.

Now, this show gets really confusing going from live to taped, like it gets days out of sync. And now, tonight, we get a new episode, 2 hours long, I guess to cover whatever has happened since Thursday.

Apparently, part of what has happened is Spencer and Heidi are off the show again. I don't know if they survived the Chamber of Horrors and were voted back in, or if they quit while they were in the Chamber of Horrors.

Supposedly Heidi was rushed to a Costa Rican hospital, with Spencer at her side. Spencer is claiming they were tortured and that he is going to sue NBC.

This show is the hokiest mess I think I've ever watched. It started with a trek through the Costa Rican jungle. Then magically we arrive at a camp. At that camp are all sorts of rope bridges. And a challenge area. And a confessional booth. And a Chamber of Horrors. And when you want to quit, you have cell phone access and a vehicle quickly available to whisk you away.

I think the entire thing is being filmed in a Hollywood sound stage.

I suppose I'll watch tonight...

No comments: