Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! Starts Tonight

NBC has not had a show in the Top 20 for awhile. I don't think their new show, premiering tonight, that being I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!, is going to end that streak of bad luck.

Having said that, I may watch. The show comes on at 7pm, my time, 8pm Eastern. Currently I'm out of shows to watch. Survivor, Amazing Race, 24, American Idol, LOST, Watchable Real Housewives, Hell's Kitchen, Top Chef, Dancing with the Stars, all the shows I usually regularly watch are done.

I forgot to watch the new Bachelorette, that is two episodes in. I prefer the version where it's a guy doing the picking and dozens of catty women getting picked.

Currently I seem to watch The Military History Channel when I turn the tube on. Usually something on that channel hooks me.

I may watch NBC's latest effort to find viewers. I did watch the first version. It was set in Australia. The "Celebrities" in that version seemed way more celebrated than those on tonight's show. For instance, one of the celebrities is a guy who came in 6th on American Idol. I do remember him, Sanjaya Malakar.

I know who Janice Dickinson is. She is good Reality TV fodder. I found her disturbing when she was on The Surreal Life. Disturbing in new ways on "The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency." Not so disturbing on "America's Next Top Model."

I know who Lou Diamond Phillips is. Stephen Baldwin, I know. Don't much like him, but I know who he is. I know who Rod Blagojevich is, the judge wouldn't let him be on the show, so his wife, Patty, is taking his place. That is just weird.

The remaining celebrities I've never heard of and know nothing about. Heidi Montag, John Salley, Spencer Pratt, Torrie Wilson, Francis Callier, Angela V. Shelton? Who are these people?

On the original I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! the celebrities were Bruce Jenner, Robin Leach, Melissa Rivers, Tyson Beckford, Julie Brown, Maria Alonso, John Melenedez, Alana Stewart, Nikki Ziering and Chris Judd. Of those the only ones I had no clue about were Ziering and Chris Judd. He won the thing. He was likable. I didn't like Jennifer Lopez after watching the husband she'd dumped.

The first version had a lot of drama. And it was where I learned that Bruce Jenner was extremely dull.

If I remember, I'll likely watch. Maybe.

No comments: