Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here! First Episode

Yikes! I just finished watched 2 hours, let me repeat, 2 hours, of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!

The last few minutes were LIVE from the Costa Rican jungle while all the "celebrities" except for married couple Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt, whom I had never heard of before, sat out the challenge where the victims were strapped onto waterboarding boards while disgusting stuff, like cockroaches and tarantulas were dropped into a tank, by their goggle covered heads.

Speaking of Spencer Pratt and his wife. Apparently they are on a MTV reality show called The Hills, where the pair live spoiled little lives in Beverly Hills. The Spencer Pratt Brat apparently thinks he is a HUGE celeb who all of America knows. The others on the show are nobodies, compared to his bright fame, according to him. The wife, Heidi, appears to be an airhead pseudo Christian, praying at one point for God and Jesus to rescue Patty Blagojevich and her husband, Rod, from their woes. Patty was actually quite likable.

After a taxing ordeal through the jungle, the celebrities made it to their horrifying camp. Spencer and Heidi almost immediately gave up, too much drama. Then they did leave. The others divided up their stuff. Then they returned, to find their stuff taken. This had Spencer pitching a fit. Screaming, hitting at one of the two funny black ladies. Apparently Spencer believes he is universally known to the world as a villain, and so he was doing what was expected of him by the few people who knew who the hell he was.

After awhile Spencer apologized and we had a redemption moment. This may have been about when the praying happened.

Stephen Baldwin has larded up a bit and put on a lot of tattoos. He was not too annoying. Lou Diamond Phillips seemed okay. I liked the NBA player I'd never heard of, John Smalley.

I'm amazed this show is going to be on every night, I think that's what I heard. Is it going to be 2 hours every night? I will not be able to do that. I only made it through tonight due to being able to fast forward through commercials and switching to The Bachelorette whenever the recording caught up to the present moment. The Bachelorette was seeming way too earnest for me, from what I saw.

Oh, one more thing. That is Janice Dickinson in the picture at the top. Every time the show went to her in confessional mode she looked just like she does in that picture. That is not a bad photo, that's really what she looked like. On the lower right the screen would say, "Janice Dickinson, Supermodel." While she looked like something from a horror movie.

No comments: