Sunday, September 18, 2011

The 63rd Annual Emmy Awards Tonight with Jane Lynch Hosting

Jane Lynch Hosting The 63rd Emmy Awards Show
Jane Lynch, also known as GLEE's Sue Sylvester, is nominated for an Emmy on tonight's, Sunday, September 18 broadcast of the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards, LIVE starting at 8 ET, 7 CT, 5 PT.

In addition to possibly winning the Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Emmy, for GLEE, Jane Lynch is also hosting this year's Emmy show.

Last year Jimmy Fallon hosted the Emmys. He did a good job of it. I made it through the very fun GLEE inspired, Bruce Springsteen opening and then quickly grew bored.

One of the problems I have with the Emmys is most of the shows nominated, and the actors and actresses on those shows, I have never seen.

The Emmys seem to shy away, for the most part, from awarding TV shows and actors and actresses who are on TV shows that are actually popular and thus watched by a lot of viewers.

For example, no nominations for NCIS, TV's most popular scripted TV show. In my humble opinion that show has some fine acting. Michael Weatherly's Tony DiNozzo, for example. He's funny. I suspect NCIS is not popular with some of those in Hollywood due to its rah rah hooray for the military and all our ongoing wars providing many of NCIS's ongoing story themes.

Looking at the list of Emmy nominations it has never been made more clear to me that I watch Reality TV more than any other TV.

The only one of the shows nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Reality - Competition Program that I don't watch is So You Think You Can Dance. I watch the other four, those being The Amazing Race, Project Runway, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars and Top Chef.

Is Survivor not on the list of nominees due to its lame past couple seasons? As in Heroes vs. Villains and Redemption Island?

I am almost 100% I will watch the opening of tonight's Emmy show, in the hope that first time producer of an award show, Survivor's Mark Burnett, puts on a good show, with an amusing opening number with Jane Lynch possibly singing and dancing in a cleverly choreographed routine.

No comments: