Monday, September 14, 2009

Lady Gaga Wins an MTV Video Music Award & Other Lady Gaga Tidbits

I fail at times at keeping up with the pop culture. It is just too daunting a task. And there is so much of it. But, every once in awhile I will tire of hearing about something or someone and will finally go to the bother of learning, or trying to, what the big deal is.

That type curiosity is what eventually led me to checking out what Facebook and Twitter are, not that I really understand the fascination with either.

For awhile now I have been seeing little blurbs about someone calling herself Lady Gaga. From the little blurbs I'd seen I figured this was a cross-dresser, acting all flamboyant, putting on some sort of singing show.

Well. I was wrong. I think. If you Google "lady gaga," you'll see a suggested related search, that being, "is lady gaga a man." If you look for Lady Gaga images, in Google, the related search "lady gaga hermaphrodite" will be suggested.

I'm not quite sure where this Lady Gaga is a man stuff comes from. To me she appears to be a female. But this would not be the first time I've been fooled by this type thing.

Wikipedia, and I always believe Wikipedia, says Lady Gaga is 23 years old, born March 28, 1986 in Yonkers, New York, originally named Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.

Stefani won Best New Artist at last night's MTV Video Music Awards. I believe Kayne West left her alone to give her thank you speech.

I watched some YouTube videos of Lady Gaga singing. I found her tunes to be quite catchy.

Below is a slightly disturbing YouTube video of Lady Gaga at an outdoor concert. The video is titled, "Lady Gaga has a Penis? Lady Gaga is a man? Man Gaga? Mr. Gaga? Sir Gaga?"

There is a moment in the video when Lady Gaga gets off a motorbike where I can see where these questions come from.

No comments: