Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dancing With The Stars: Macy Gray & Ashley Hamilton Booted

Ashley Hamilton and Macy Gray were Wednesday night's double elimination from Dancing with the Stars. I really did not care who got sent home, so I didn't watch.

5 hours of Dancing with the Stars in one week is way too much.

Macy Gray seemed to be the only "Star" with good humor potential, as in she is really a goofy girl. If I remember right, I pretty much bailed on the last season of DWTS due to the low entertainment factor.

As in no Cloris Leachman, no Marie Osmond, no one funny.

I did find Kelly Osborne to be a big surprise. So articulate, so polite, so nice and so darn cute. Kelly seems to have a sense of humor. Kelly's dancing turned her mom, Sharon, into a sobbing mess. That was amusing.

There are those who say the Osbornes are a dysfunctional family. I'm not one of them. I think Sharon and Ozzie are a real good mom and dad. Very supportive of their kids. I was shocked a few months ago to see Sharon and Ozzie watching their son, Jack, scale Yosemite's El Capitan. It takes several days to accomplish that climb. I've seen the climbers at various heights going up that monolith. Somehow chunky Jack Osborne got himself in incredible shape and mastered the skill of extreme rock climbing.

This is something I could never do, the rock climbing I mean, I have mastered the being in incredible shape part. I also know I could never learn to do the dancing I see on Dancing with the Stars. So, I'm impressed with both of the Osborne kids.

As for DWTS, one thing really bugs me. These are not professional dancers. They are singers, actors, models. Those 3 judges get so critical. No one watching cares about that technical stuff. It's not a professional ballroom competition. It's a TV show. Then again, I guess the harsh carping, particularly from the elderly geezer, Len Goodman, is a bit amusing, at times. Carrie Ann Boat in the Harbor is the judge who grates on me the most. Why? I'm not sure.

No comments: