Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Top Chef: Las Vegas Starts Tonight

On the Bravo TV Top Chef and Top Chef Masters websites both say they will be on tonight, Wednesday, August 19 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

I believe there are 2 episodes of Top Chef Masters remaining, with season 1 winner of Top Chef, Harold Dieterle, being a judge on the last 2 episodes.

Top Chef taking place in Las Vegas should be interesting. All the regulars are back, including my favorite host, Padma Lakshmi. Along with head judge Tom Colicchio, who is my favorite head judge.

Food & Wine magazine's Gail Simmons is back judging.

Also back is that annoying little bald British guy, Toby Young. It seems fitting that Toby Young is the author of a book titled Lose Friends and Alienate People.

The line up of celebrity chefs and other type celebrities has more names that I recognize than the "stars" on the upcoming new season of Dancing with the Stars. We'll be seeing my neighbor, Tim Love, Penn & Teller, Wolfgang Puck, Daniel Boulud, Hubert Tuller, Michelle Bernstein, Natalie Portman, Jerome Bocuse, Paul Bartolotta, Laurent Tourondel and Nigella Lawson.

We start with 17 chef'testants tonight. Looking at the cast bios and photos it looks to be an interesting group. I am sure a lot of good drama and great food is about to be cooked up.

I hope my DVR can figure out when to record Top Chef and Top Chef Masters.

No comments: