Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta: All The Girls Get Together With Kim Meeting Kandi & No Fighting

I am days late with watching this week's episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. I like my housewives fighting. This week there was not a lot of fighting.

The strangest thing happened to me while I was watching. I found myself thinking I like Kim the best of all of them. She is funny. And she seems to have more common sense than a couple of the other ones. But that is not saying much.

Kim walks in to get her wig trimmed. Pretty much the first thing she says is she'd like wine. Her wigcutter asked how many glasses of wine that'd been today. Kim said, "6 or 7."

Why does one get ones wig cut? While getting her wig trimmed Kim's daughter called to say the nanny had locked the 2 girls out, while she rushed to the store for an emergency tampon. Earlier we'd seen the Nanny tell Kim's oldest that she'd go to hell for rapping in Spanish, while they were trying to figure out if siteseeing is a verb. Kim's oldest seems to be a sharp kid.

And I'm starting to think Kim is a lot more wily than it appeared previously. I mean, the woman has no noticeable job. Yet she has a nanny, an assistant, sends her kids to private school, pays 3000 bucks to have her fat melted and who knows what else I'm forgetting. Then she somehow gets Kandi Burress to help produce Kim's, uh, hit single, "Tardy for the Party." There is a functioning, conniving brain under all that fake hair.

We saw the genesis of the Kim and Kandi music collaboration tonight. That's another thing. At NeNe's King Tut party, where she arranged for all the combatants to be together for the first time since their last battle, Kim arrived first, fortified herself with more wine, then acted perfectly appropriate when meeting Kandi for the first time. Kandi liked Kim. While at the same time we saw NeNe, Sheree and Lisa being, well, sort of catty bitches. Particulary NeNe. For a woman who gets so bent out of shape over something Kim did or did not say, NeNe can be quite rude with her remarks. Funny, but rude.

I hope Kim's "Tardy for the Party" song release is included in this season of the show. I doubt it though. It'll be amusing how those woman deal with Kim actually getting the song made. That's another thing, Kim has the self-awareness to be quite self-deprecating. As in when Dwight got them all dancing while he sang, Kim joked about his bad singing. And then joked about her own bad singing.

I think of all those Atlanta Housewives I'd find Kim the most amusing to know. It'd take some time getting used to those lively boobs of hers, but one can cope with such things with enough wine.

No comments: