Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dancing With The Stars: Season 9's Stars

The dancing "stars" of season 9's ABC's Dancing with the Stars appears less "star" powered than any previous season, in that a large number of the "stars" don't twinkle in my universe.

The "stars" I recognize are supermodel Kathy Ireland, Marie's brother Donny Osmond, actress Melissa Joan Hart, Ozzy's daughter, Kelly Osborne and Tom DeLay, the disgraced former House majority leader.

The "stars" who have never twinkled for me are Backstreet Boy Nick's little brother Aaron Carter, snowboarder Louie Vito, model Joanna Krupa, boxer Chuck Liddell, actress Debi Mazar, footballer Michael Ivin, tv host Mark Dacascos, George's son Ashley Hamilton and singer Macy Gray.

There does not appear to be a single obvious amusing "star" dancer like Cloris Leachman. I don't think Donny will be as amusing as his sister. He likely will do no fainting. Tom DeLay might provide a few fleeting moments of amusement.

Usually there is at least one "star" that causes me to think, I've gotta see that. But not this time.

There will be a mid-season supposed twist with 3 double eliminations, back to back. And 4 new dances will be danced. The Bolero, the Charleston, the Two Step and the Lambada.

I thought we have seen the Two Step before?

The dancing starts Monday, September 21, 8/7 central.

No comments: