Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Real Housewives of New York City Season 2: The Reunion Show Smackdown

This blogging is about the first hour of the Reunion Show, click here for the second hour.

On last night's Real Housewives of New York City Reunion Show it was not as satisfying seeing Kelly cry as I thought it would be.

Maybe that was due to there being no tears. Jill was sitting on the other couch, not close enough to see if there were tears, Jill just assumed there was some real crying going on, so she demanded that someone get this poor girl a tissue.

Then a production person ran on the set and gave Kelly a tissue. Which she looked at, folded up and sat down beside her. I don't know why she did not daub at some imaginary tears.

Kelly's pseudo tears came while she was, at great length, explaining how it was she came to be charged with beating up her boyfriend. The explanation really made no sense. But that is no great surprise, not much of what Kelly says makes a lot of sense.

Ramona came off the worst at Reunion Round One. That woman has absolutely no sense of how ridiculous much of what comes out of her mouth is. But she is sort of funny. And I actually sort of like her, because she is inadvertently funny.

There is absolutely nothing funny about Kelly, not in a good way. She's in a special place of distaste few achieve for me on a reality TV show. She is Coach from Survivor type unlikeable, strange and deluded.

The Countess came off pretty good. She handled Ramona well, although Ramona did have a valid point, the Countess did sort of set off Ramona to where Ramona felt the need to zing back by bringing up the fact that the Countess was married to an old man. Who left her for an Ethiopian Princess. That all got discussed too.

Now, I don't believe I've mentioned this before. In my first blogging about this show this season, I said I found Simon and Alex to be creepy. I think I may have said I found the Countess creepy too. I have changed my mind on the creepy issue on all fronts. That was all before Kelly out-creeped everyone else's creepiness.

Simon and Alex grew on me, somehow. Maybe that was due to the fact that even though they seem goofy and have goofy values, they do seem to have a good time being goofy. And they are funny to watch. That scene of them in their backyard White Trash above ground swimming pool was very funny. They were funny at Halloween. And their bordello re-do of their house was great.

Alex had a great zinger when she was getting zapped about her unruly brats. When asked if the brats are ever disciplined Alex said something like, "Yes, even though they are only 2 and 4 they have learned to never say mean things to people. Or about people." Or something like that.

For the first time in Reality Show History there was so much good fight footage that this Reunion is a two-parter. The good Kelly/Bethenny stuff will be in Part Two. I'll remember to watch.

No comments: