Thursday, May 21, 2009

American Idol Final Results: Adam Lambert Out Kris Allen Wins

I let the DVR get a half hour ahead, recording the American Idol Finale, before I started watching. Fast forwarding through commercials and fluff, I caught up with live way too fast.

I'd learned Wednesday morning that I really don't mind finding out who won something, the morning after, when I did not watch the Dancing with the Stars final results show on Tuesday. I learned Shawn Johnson won online. I fast forwarded through DWTS at lunch yesterday. I must say the roast by Jeffery Ross was pretty edgy stuff. And funny.

I thought Adam Lambert had a lock on winning American Idol, what with all the praising done by the judges and how the live audience seemed way more enthusiastic about him than Kris Allen. But, where were all those Danny Gokey voters gonna go but to the clean cut All-American boy?

It was like Lambert had already won the thing, with being a big star already assured, or as Simon Cowell put it, someone with world-wide appeal, or something like that, so it is kind of a nice thing that the underdog, come from behind kid won. That and he's got a wife to support. Adam Lambert does not have that particular burden.

1 comment:

coffee fan said...

wow, congrats to Kris Allen, he and everyone else may have been surprised, he still won!

it seems like he's gonna need some time to grow into his the Idol "crown"