Monday, May 17, 2010

Sandra Beats Parvati & Russell to Win Survivor Heroes vs. Villains

That's the look on Sandra Diaz-Twine's face when Jeff Probst flipped over a ballot while saying the winner of Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, is, revealing "Sandra" as the winner.

This makes two times, now, that having Sandra win made it a good ending for me, for Survivor. More often than not I'm not all that thrilled with the winner.

Like the previous outing on Samoa. I want Russell Hantz to win. It seemed ridiculous that Natalie won. Russell seemed to have the majority with him that time. In the audience, I mean.

This time, not so much. Back to back Survivors had turned Russell into a really nasty mouthed Super Villain.

Good natured JT continued to be a good-natured guy, taking the ribbing and the trophy for making the Dumbest Move in Survivor History, with a laugh and a smile.

Some of these Survivors really need to not show up on Survivor again. Old Grumpy Man, Colby Donaldson, is one. Colby's anger management issues, as revealed when he kept yelling at his big brother, Reid, in the Toss Water Challenge, was pretty embarrassing. What is Colby like when cameras are not on him, one can not help but wonder?

Another who really really wore out his welcome, with me, is Rupert Boneham. Enough with the antique hippie/pirate act. Lose the beard and the tie-dye. Drop the sanctimonious holier than thou act.

Creepy Coach, Ben Wade, toned it down, somewhat, from the demented crazy man act he perpetrated when we first met him. But, still, we need not see this guy again. His style of sanctimoniousness manages to be even more annoying than Rupert's. And all his warrior talk. What makes me think that if this boy ever got into a real situation that called for a warrior mentality that he'd wet his pants and run away screaming like a scared school girl?

I would not be too bothered if CBS put Parvati on my Survivor screen again. Nothing about her really annoys me. Well, there is that tramp stamp tattoo she has on her lower back. Those lose BIG points with me.

I don't know what happened with Jerri Manthey between when she was in the Australian Outback, lusting after Colby, and the 2010 Samoa version, with no lust for Colby, with the lust replaced by the assessment that Colby has no personality. I found the 2010 Jerri very likable. Had she ended up in the Final 3, I'm thinking Jerri may have beaten Sandra for the win.

As for Russell Hantz. I actually like Russell. Probst said he's gotten a lot of feedback telling him Heroes vs. Villains was the best Survivor ever. I pretty much agree with that. Highly entertaining. Largely due to Russell. But, how can Russell be such a fan of Survivor without getting that his Hitlerian Blitzkrieg way of playing is no way to actually win, anymore than it worked for Adolf? In the end, the good guys win, both in Survivor and World War II.

Anyway, I've not made it to the end of the Reunion Show, so I don't know where the next Survivor is going to take place. I suspect it will be somewhere tropical.

No comments: