Monday, May 31, 2010

The Real Housewives of New York City: Greasy Bobby Zarin

Well, currently, my favorite show on TV is The Real Housewives of New York City.

Along with everyone else, I am loving the new housewife, Sonja Morgan.

Also along with most every one else, the behavior of Kelly Bensimon has gone into such weird, new territory, that I'm with the majority. She is so unstable, shown again in 2 incidents in the latest episode, those being her meeting with LuAnn, Jill and Jennifer and then Kelly's confrontation with Ramona at Jill's strange ice skating party.

It is so clear and obvious that Kelly is not well and needs help, Bravo really should sort of be ashamed of itself. Maybe redemption in some form is coming.

With Kelly, I now actually feel sorry for her, due to the shocking revelation of how messed up she is. But I do not feel sorry for Jill Zarin. Jill is one of the most, if not the most reprehensible characters I've ever witnessed on a Reality TV Show.

Go here for a funny take on the mess Jill Zarin has made for herself...

Up til the most recent episode I found Jill's long-suffering husband, Bobby Zarin, to be a somewhat likable sort. But this week he seemed as deluded as Jill regarding their invasion of the St. John's vacation party.

I don't know if you've ever heard this, but Bobby Zarin has a successful business called Zarin Fabrics. His wife Jill pretends to work there. It appears Bobby Zarin is quite wealthy. So, why can't he do something about his appearance? I dunno, maybe hire a makeover artist.

Why is Bobby's hair always so greasy? Why the beard? What's with the constant sunglasses? Bobby Zarin looks like a guy who should be running an Adult Video Store, not a fabric store.

One more episode of RHONY to go. Will Bethenny patch it up with Jill? Will Jill's attempts at damage control do her any good? Will Jill go to Ramona's Renewal Wedding? Will Kelly? Will I want to buy LuAnn's hit single? Is Kelly going to have one more epic breakdown in the final episode? Or will that happen at the reunion, which is being touted as drama filled.

And one more thing, if you would have told me during the first season of RHONY that by season three I would like Simon and Alex, particularly Alex, I would not have been able to imagine how such a thing could happen. But it has. This is the type thing that causes me to like Reality TV.

1 comment:

AngelOfDevs said...

I think the personality disorders are what keep me watching. Read more about it here: http://angelofdevs.wordpress.com/