Thursday, May 13, 2010

American Idol: Casey James Makes Final 3 Along with Crystal Bowersox & Lee DeWyze

The American Idol judges, or whatever the proper name might be for the goonballs who make comments after one of the singers sings on American Idol, have thrown the Cool, Texas boy, Casey James, under the bus so many times, who would have ever predicted he would be one of the last 3 standing, in this, the lamest season of American Idol yet?

Actually, in my tone deaf view, Casey James is the only one of the remaining 3 who does seem, sorta, Idol-worthy.

Even my aforementioned tone-deafness can detect that sometimes Lee DeWyze goes way into wrong note mode.

I know she's been pimped from the start, but to me, Crystal Bowersox, nice girl may she be, just seems really generic. Previous seasons of American Idol I don't think she would have gone so far. And, tattoo bigot that I am, I'm really offput by that monstrosity she's got painted on her back.

I think Michael Lynche really overstayed, and should never have been saved. Seeing a song from Free Willy, a movie about a whale, seemed perfectly ironic.

The final 3 now get the American Idol cliched, contrived hometown visits. Casey James' hometown visit will be a visit to his new hometown, Fort Worth. He will be in a parade down Exchange Avenue in the Fort Worth Stockyards, at 4pm, tomorrow, Friday, afternoon.

The Fort Worth Stockyards is about 9 miles from my abode. Am I motivated to go videotape and photograph this? I don't know. Years ago, I went to Burleson, hometown of the first American Idol, Kelly Clarkson, to witness the macabre scene outside the theater that was premierring her movie. It was all so contrived and fake. But amusing to watch.

I'll see if I can motivate myself to go to the Stockyards tomorrow afternoon to see the kid from Cool, Texas.

No comments: