Tuesday, March 22, 2011

12th Season of Dancing with the Stars Premieres with Ralph Macchio & Kirstie Alley On Top


I did not realize the 12th season of Dancing with the Stars premiered Monday night til I saw in on my list of DVR recordings.

So, I started watching with well over an hour already recorded. Which makes for a much better viewing experience with the fast forward ability.

Of this batch of  "stars" the only ones I knew of were Kirstie Alley, Ralph Macchio, Kendra Wilkinson, Sugar Ray Leonard and Wendy Williams.

Speaking of Kendra Wilkinson.

Her ex-boy friend, Hugh Hefner was in the audience. Hugh Hefner is starting to look like an old man. The audience seemed to be dominated by former Dancing with the Stars "stars."

And other "stars."

The set for Dancing with the Stars seems to be amped up, with a lot more light and sound action.

There is no Derek Hough on this 12th season of Dancing with the Stars. Depending on ones opinion of Derek Hough this is either a good thing or a bad thing.

Derek Hough's best friend, Mark Ballas, is paired with one of them of whom I know nothing, Chelsa Kane. She seemed to be a nice girl.

The highest score of the night was earned by Karate Kid Ralph Macchio, now 49 years old. He is partnered with Maksim Chmerkovskiy's ex-fiance, Karina Smirnoff.

Speaking of Maks. Does anyone know if he found himself a wife on the Ukrainian version of The Bachelor?

Speaking again of Maks. He got the 2nd highest score of the night with his surprisingly good partner, Kirstie Alley.

Kirstie Alley and Ralph Macchio got the biggest audience reactions of the night, with, I think, Kirstie being shown the loudest appreciation.

Kirstie and Maks are very amusing together.

I was a bit surprised when Maks mentioned that Kirstie looks pretty good for a 60 year old broad. She's that told, I thought? Then I remembered Cheers ended almost 20 years ago.

One of the "stars" is a guy named Mike Catherwood. He is paired with Lacey Schwimmer. He is a radio personality I'd never heard of. He got the lowest scores of the night.

I did not think Mike Catherwood was as bad as Wendy Williams. Wendy looks to be in way over her head. She sort of plodded over the stage like a big ship being guided by a tugboat in the form of Tony Dovolani.

This year's dancing jocks are wrestler Chris Jericho, paired with Cheryl Burke, footballer Hines Ward, paired with Kym Johnson and boxer Sugar Ray Leonard, paired with Anna Trebunsakaya.

Of the jocks, Sugar Ray was the worst. Chris Jericho is very energetic, while Hines Ward appears to be yet one more NFL star who easily adapts to being light on his feet.

I have no idea who Romeo is. He was paired with Chelsea Hightower. He did not dance well.

Supermodel Petra Memcova is paired with Dimitry Chaplin. Petra was injured in the 2004 Indonesian Earthquake Tsunami. She had a bit of a breakdown whilst practicing upon learning of the tragedy in Japan.

I guess I am in for now with this latest iteration of Dancing with the Stars. If not for Kirstie Alley it'd be debatable if I'd be viewing.

No comments: