Monday, December 22, 2008

Top Chef New York

This is being my favorite season of Top Chef yet. The challenges are difficult and interesting to watch. The Chefs are mostly likable, some quite funny. But, there has not been much drama or fighting. I like drama and fighting.

The guest judges are being very good. I even liked Martha Stewart. Usually I find myself perplexed as to why she is so popular.

And unlike previous seasons of Top Chef, this season's lesbian is not a stereotypical angry lesbian. The last season of Top Chef had 3 very angry lesbians, with the one who went the furthest, Lisa, being the most angry of any of the Top Chef lesbians, ever. She was scary. With body piercings in odd places.

This season's Top Chef lesbian is named Jamie. She is a cute little thing. Even if she has too many tattoos. One of the Europeans has a crush on Jamie, that being Stephan from Finland. He showers Jamie with gifts, constantly, and begs her for a kiss.

At one point Jamie said to the confessional camera, "What part of the word 'lesbian' does Stephan not understand?" Stephan may have directed his non-cooking passion in a different direction this week. He seemed quite smitten with guest judge Natasha Richardson, spewing out how he felt about her ending with the word, "Yum."

Jamie does get a bit tense at times and can have an angry affect. When Rocco DiSpirito was guest judge he found it offputting. Jamie explained she was mad at herself, not anyone else.

Jamie's the first lesbian chef that I would not be scared to have in my kitchen.

One of my other favorites is Carla. She does the goofiest expressions. Wonderful bulging eyes. She has quite a way with words, too.

The Italian, Fabio, is always good for some funny moments. He is a top notch flirter.

The cougar, Ariane, started off doing real bad. But has now won a couple times and has won immunity at least once.

I'm not able to tell which chefs are likely top 3 material. Usually, I have a pretty good guess. I suppose I'd go with Stefan, Ariane, Hosea. With maybe Radhika and Jeff thrown in. What I'd like to see is little Gene start cooking good again, like he did in the beginning. Jamie seems like she has potential, but she can make some pretty dumb mistakes. Like raw scallops. I'd like to see Carla suddenly turn into a winner, like Ariane did. She'd be fun to watch.

No comments: