Friday, December 12, 2008

Home Foreclosures Hit TV Stars

There was a sitcom on ABC called Full House that I only saw while skipping around channel chasing. What little I saw seemed sort of sickening to me. I don't know why. Too saccharine maybe? As in artificially sweet.

One of the characters on Full House was named Stephanie Tanner. The child actress who played Stephanie is named Jodie Sweetin. Full House ran from 1987 til 1995. Sweetin has had some TV jobs since her sitcom was cancelled. She has been married twice and admitted to years of drug addiction and the regular use of methamphetamine.

And now Jodie Sweetin has let it be known that her latest marriage, of just over a year, to a guy named Cody Herpin is being a bit rocky. Likely in large part due to money woes. The Full House star's own house is in foreclosure. Sweetin has had her water shut off twice and is behind in paying all her other utilities. Soon, she will be without power. And then she'll be without a house.

Meanwhile, over on FOX, American Idol's 3rd season winner, Fantasia Barrino's home has also been foreclosed. Fantasia's property in North Carolina will soon be put up for auction.

I've not read anything lately about how Ed McMahon is doing with his home foreclosure problem.

When I make millions from my TV career I'm just going to get a nice simple house and pay cash for it. That seems like the responsible, safe thing to do.

No comments: