Monday, December 15, 2008

Extreme Makeover Home Edition Fort Worth Part II

Today the Amber and Peter Augustin family returns to their new home in Fort Worth.

When I previously mentioned that ABC's Extreme Makeover Home Edition was building a new home in my old neighborhood in far north Fort Worth, I said I might make it up there over the weekend to see if I could find Ty Pennington.

Well, I was in my old neighborhood on Saturday. I did not find Ty Pennington, but I did find where Ty could be found.

Extreme Makeover Home Edition is a huge production. Meaning it takes over a huge amount of territory. The new home is located on Keller-Hicks Road. I was driving west on Keller-Hicks Road when I came to detour signs and a road block manned by police. Along with a sign that said "No Walk-Ins."

The detour wound its way through several streets and then came to another road block. From this road block I could see a lot of people milling about and several big white tents. There was no "No Walk-Ins" sign at this road block. A lot of people were parking their cars and walking in.

Continuing on I came to the spot where "volunteers" drove to the building site. Cars were going in and coming out, driving slowly over a very bumpy dirt field.

From this vantage point, which is the view you see in the photo above, I could see what must be the new house, to the right of the big white tent. I could see a lot of people standing around. I could hear someone talking on a loudspeaker. It did not sound like Ty Pennington screaming.

There were an amazing number of looky-loos, myself included. The building location is a short distance from the I-35 freeway. There were several people at the freeway exit outside their vehicles talking on cell phones. It was obvious they were trying to find out how to find the Extreme Makeover location. I supposed it would have been a kind thing to have pointed them in the right direction.

No comments: