Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Top 100 Most Popular TV Actors

I came upon a website devoted to TV that is really totally devoted to TV on a level that, well if the TV.com website is a 10, my Durango TV Blog is a .0002. Or lower.

So, the TV.com website has a page that lists the most popular TV actors from #1 to 100. This list is based on traffic to TV.com in the last 24 hours.

With the above criteria in mind, Miley Cyrus is the #1 most popular TV actor. She is on Hannah Montana. I don't know if that is Miley's boyfriend, Justin Gaston, to whom her dad, Billy Ray, objects, in the photo with Miley or not. If that is Justin I can see why Billy Ray objects. Justin appears to be way too old for Miley. And a bit on the plus-size.

Looking down the list of 100 I only recognize about 1 in 10. I need to watch more TV. Ironically I recognize #100, that being Jared Padalecki from Supernatural.

#2, Robert Buckley, from Lipstick Jungle, I've no clue about either him or his show.

Kim Kardashian is #3. I know who she is and blogged about her taking her clothes off in Playboy just a couple days ago. She being #3 most popular makes this list very suspect.

Oprah is #4. The whole world knows who Oprah is. #5, Blake Lively, from Gossip Girl, I've no idea who he is. I have heard of, but not watched his TV show, though. Britney Spears is #6. Yes, I know who she is. I also know who #7, Wentworth Miller, from Prison Break, is. After that it is way down to #14 and Jennifer Aniston before I recognize another name.

Above Jennifer are names unknown to me, like #8, Pauley Perrette from NCIS, #9, Lauren Conrad from The Hills, #10, Hayden Panettiere from Heroes, #11, Cote de Pable, also from NCIS, #12, Beverly Garland from Port Charles and #13, Zac Efron from I don't know what.

I'm going to go down this list of 100 and see if I even know 1 out of 10 of them.

I know who #19, Jensen Ackles of Supernatural is. #24, Kristen Bell, currently on Gossip Girl, used to be Veronica Mars. I think. I know #26, Tom Welling, is Superman on Smallville. #30, Ty Pennington I know from Trading Spaces and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I know who #32, Mark Harmon is, but I've never watched his NCIS show. #34, is Beyonce. She's a singer. I don't know why she's on a TV list. #35, Heather Locklear I know from all sorts of TV shows, going way back to Dynasty up to her new show, Angel Fall.

#36, Josh Holloway is Sawyer on one of my favorite shows, LOST. #38, Stacy London is on What Not to Wear. I find her and her show to be amusing. #45, Emily Proctor is on that horrible crime procedural, CSI:Miami, that I've watched once or twice. #49, Hugh Laurie is House. #55, Patrick Dempsey I've watched on Grey's Anatomy. #57, Julianne Hough I've seen dance on Dancing With the Stars. I know who #58, David Boreanz is, but I've never watched Bones.

#65, Chad Michael Murray I know from something, but not from One Tree Hill. #67, Jennifer Love Hewitt has been around awhile. I know who she is. But I've never heard of Ghost Whisperer. #75, Tyra Banks I've seen on America's Top Model. She's cute. I've laughed at #79, Sarah Chalke on Scrubs. Which I think starts its new season soon, having moved from NBC to ABC.

#80, Katherine Heigl is one of the reasons I quit watching Grey's Anatomy. #83, Kelly Ripa is on Regis and Kelly. I watched her trainwreck sit-com, Hope and Faith, a time or two. #87, Eva Longoria is fat these days on Desperate Housewives. I mentioned #89, Kris Jenner, of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, a couple days ago when I Blogged about her daughter, Kim Kardashian. And #99, Shawn Pyfrom is Bree's gay son on Desperate Housewives.

Wow, I'm surprised. I knew who 29 of the 100 on the list of most popular TV actors. That's nearly 1 in 3, way better than the 1 in 10 I predicted I'd know.

No comments: