Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Annie Pott's Perfect Eulogy for Designing Woman Dixie Carter

Currently I am not watching any sitcoms. Though I do find Two and a Half Men amusing, as well as the New Adventures of Old Christine and a few others. I just don't get around to watching them.

Oh. I forgot The Simpsons. I do watch The Simpsons.

I was a regular viewer of Designing Women.

It does not seem all that long ago, but it is. Designing Women aired on CBS from September 29, 1986 until May 24, 1993.

That means Designing Women went off the air 17 years ago.

Time flies.

I liked all the characters on Designing Women. With, maybe, Julia Sugarbaker being my favorite. So, it was with genuine surprise and sadness I learned of Dixie Carter's untimely death at the relatively young age of 70.

Mary Jo Shively, aka Annie Potts, had some very nice words to say about her Designing Women co-star.

"Dixie Carter was a goddess. Beautiful and brainy, smart and funny, prim and sexy, wickedly talented and divinely sweet. The kind of wife and mother that every mother hopes their daughter will become, and the kind of friend that is absolutely irreplaceable. She loved fiercely and was adored in return. To have known her a little was a delight to all. To have known her well, a treasure beyond reckoning. And now, a loss beyond measure."

No comments: