Saturday, February 6, 2010

Surviving Survivor: The Redemption of Heroes vs. Villains is Lost on Me

I watched Thursday's Surviving Survivor. It was interesting. I thought it was going to be an hour of whetting our appetites for next week's 2 hour start of Survivor Redemption: Heroes vs. Villains.

Surviving Survivor turned out to be sort of a look back at the 10 year history of Survivor, the impact the show has had on TV and a look at some of the past season's Survivors.

Like Ethan Zohn. I did not know he was fighting Hodgkin's Disease.

The bit between Russell Hantz and Richard Hatch was mildly funny, with Russell insisting, as always, that he's the best Survivor ever. I assume this was filmed after the conclusion of Heroes vs. Villains, which I assume Russell does not win.

I did not like seeing samples of how badly bug bit some of the Survivors get. I had no idea it was that bad.

Cirie is one of my favorites. The girl is looking real good. Colby, I did not recognize, at first. Til he talked. Coach appears to have chunked up a bit.

I am not a fan of all-star type shows, be it Big Brother, The Amazing Race or Survivor. For some of these people, like Colby and Boston Rob, this is their 3rd time on Survivor. You have all those thousands upon thousands of fans applying to be on the show. It just does not seem right.

Already knowing the characters makes it less interesting. When Survivor did Fans vs. Favorites at least half of the characters were interesting because we'd not met them before. When Yau Man walked out, you already knew he was smart and likable. But did I want to see him on Survivor again? No.

I wiill admit, it may be interesting to see how Russell works his schtick among all these veterans. It will be amusing if the producers drop the Hidden Immunity Idol, while we get to watch Russell frantically searching for an idol that is not there.

I may be watching. I've not decided yet.

No comments: