Sunday, February 28, 2010

No USA Miracle On Ice 2: Canada Wins Olympic Hockey Gold in Sudden Death Overtime

The last day of the Winter Olympics is the first day I've watched the Winter Olympics.

As in right now I am waiting for the commercials to end and the end of the Team USA/Team Canada hockey Gold Medal game.

Regulation time ended in a last second USA goal.

I am waiting for the Sudden Death Round to start.

I did not watch the Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony. I knew it was on NBC, the same network that covered the Athens Summer Olympics. Bob Costas, with his non-stop idiotic commentary during the Athens Opening Ceremony, ruined it for me.

I read a lot of commentary about the Opening Ceremony in Vancouver. Bob Costas was back annoying people. I read someone in Seattle say he was close enough that he could try and take Costas out if anyone gave him the go ahead. I assume he was joking.

I've been amazed listening to the non-stop yapping of the play by play guys covering the Gold Medal Hockey Game. On and on they go. How do the keep track of all the names? How do they not give themselves splitting headaches?

Okay, I'm back after watching the brutal end of the game.

Team USA died in Sudden Death. Canada wins the Gold. America is #1 way too often. It's nice Canada won the Gold Medal in their national sport. Well, one of their national sports. I think Curling is another. Scooting a big puck with a broom on ice.

Strange country, Canada. It's like America raised by a very strict mother with an annoying accent.

So, that's my Olympics viewing for the year. See you again at the next Olympics. I think it's in London. Please let it be on a network that does not employ Bob Costas.

1 comment:

cd0103 said...

It was a great hockey game. High tension. USA scored with less than a minute left to tie. Great OT goal. Nice. I hated the opening ceremonies, but the closing ceremonies, so far, are nice.