Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2010 Grammy Awards With Wild Pink, Blackeyed Peas, Beyonce Soldiers, Sooty Lady Gaga & Off-Key Taylor Swift

I had not watched the Grammy Award Show in a long long time. I remember it as a bit boring, as in stodgy. Maybe I've not watched the Grammy Awards in this century.

Because what I watched on Sunday was definitely not boring or stodgy. It was the fastest paced 3 hour awards show I've ever seen.

I don't remember the awards part. It was the live performing that was of the likes I have never seen in such quantity on this type show.

You had the opening with Lady Gaga, who I confess to not really getting, though I find her entertaining. Her slick opening, that had her jumping into a fire and coming out covered in soot, piano dueling with an equally sooty Elton John, looking like something out of a Batman movie, well, I liked it.

I confess to not understanding the Beyonce love. Beautiful woman, but I don't understand the popularity of her songs. I must confess, I am tone deaf. The Beyonce performance with an army of soldiers was fun to watch, even if I did not get it.

The next to come, that sort of stunned me, was Pink. She comes out, attired in a white robe-like dress, singing a song I did not know. She walked slowly towards the audience. And then took off the robe to reveal, well, a lot of revealing. I am fairly certain I have a fairly accurate idea of exactly what Pink's lovely derriere looks like. Pink climbed aboard a cloth sling, and with dancers above her, proceeded to be lifted high above the audience, then Pink was lowered into water, then lifted again, as she continued to sing, and spin, spraying water, I assume, on to the audience.

Pink's performance was very Cirque du Soleil. And was very well received.

The Blacked Eyed Peas, with Fergie, was the next over the top production. I liked this one a lot. I watched it twice.

Taylor Swift, with Stevie Nicks, I liked a lot, too, though I've been told Taylor was singing off key, which, due to the blessings of being tone deaf, I was not aware of.

Throughout the show there was a running thing where viewers were told they could vote on what song they wanted Bon Jovi to sing. I thought this to be a dumb, but, I guess, harmless, gimmick. I forgot what song it was the viewers picked, but I enjoyed the 3 Bon Jovi songs.

The Michael Jackson tribute seemed a bit odd to me. Maybe it was because I did not have 3-D glasses. MJ's kids, Prince and Paris, speaking, was a bit surreal. Cute kids. And I liked the Michael Jackson song that was the soundtrack for the 3-D video.

The Grammys were the top rated show of the week. Does that make the Grammys the top-rated awards show? I don't think the Academy Awards Show is #1. But I may be remembering wrong.

No comments: