Monday, December 21, 2009

Survivor Samoa: Natalie Beats Russell For The Million Bucks

I was tired last night. I quit watching Survivor after Russell outlasted Brett at holding a pole in the air. I figured it was a no-brainer, Russell would win, I'd watch the Conclusion and Reunion tomorrow.

I also figured the part where the jury gets to ask questions would be a snoozer.

Again, I was wrong.

That Shambo can really get wound up. And Eric's, well, actorly speech in support of Natalie, well, I thought that was just odd and hypocritical. By the way, Eric is an actor, not a good one, obviously, but he is an actor. Survivor should not cast actors.

I did not understand Brett's questioning. He only asked a question of Mick. And he asked what they'd do on a Bro-date. It was very odd. Probst looked like he thought it odd, as well, as did others. I had trouble understanding what Brett says sometimes, like his last sentence directed at Mick. I replayed it several times and had to give up.

I'm guessing the Galu people had made up their minds not to give the million to Russell, while holed up together, after Russell engineered their exits.

The Reunion show was entertaining too. That Jeff Probst is one good TV Host. Russell seemed sort of hurt that he didn't win. Russell was very funny. Offering Natalie what I thought was $10,000, but Probst later said $100,000 if she'd just give up the Sole Survivor title to Russell, that's all he wanted. She declined. What a dumb blonde.

The fans voted Russell $100,000 as being their pick as the best.

At the start of the season I, along with most viewers weren't liking Russell. Way too nasty and arrogant. Apparently Russell caught a lot of public flak early on. And then as the season progressed Russell received less bad flak and instead started having positive flak coming his way. I don't remember when Russell went from Villain to Hero for me. Maybe it was about the time he found the 1st Hidden Immunity Idol.

Now, Heroes & Villains brings up another subject. That being the next season of Survivor, also taking place in the South Pacific, called Survivor Redemption: Heroes vs. Villains.

Good guys and girls and Bad guys and girls from past seasons. Which side does Russell fit on? I'd say Heroes.

As for this version of another All Star type season. I don't like it. This will be the 20th season of Survivor. Thousands of people try to get on that show. It seems wrong to have people on again, who had already had the fun.

All Star Survivor ended up with Rob and Amber getting married, which led to other bad things. Like that pair being on The Amazing Race after they'd already won one reality show. But, having said that, Rob and Amber, especially Rob, were pretty good on The Amazing Race.

3 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

I watched that season of Rob & Amber on the Amazing Race...wonder how the marriage is holding up.

I felt that Eric's convincing speech is what pushed the jury in Natalie's favor...maybe I'm just a naive blonde for thinking that.

I like Russell, and thank GOD he used his immunity idols. How many times did we see the smug idol holders not use them and get voted off! Tres Idiot!

I don't like the All Star seasons either, I want new faces...not the same old tired ones I've already seen. Overall, I enjoyed this season, and had some jump for joy moments.

Now, I'm just waiting for Caprica.

Durango TV said...

I think I read Rob is on the upcoming Survivor. I suspect as a villain. That would make his 3rd time on the show. That ain't right. I've read nothing about their marriage.

I found Eric's speech annoying. Such a hypocrite. There are some embarrassing videos of him, sort of a vanity production acting thing.

I agree, this version of Survivor had some good moments, and none where I was ready to bail on watching.

What is Caprica?

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Caprica...the answer to the end of Battle Star Galactica. Caprica is the prequel to Galactica on the SyFy channel. There are hordes and hordes of BSG fans (i'm not really one, but since I have friends that are, I watch it so we'll have something to talk about) just foaming at the mouth for the premier of Caprica in January.

I prefer reality TV shows...I love watching human train wrecks!