Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Jake Pavelka is ABC's New Bachelor

I assume the latest iteration of ABC's The Bachelor starts up sometime next year. I like The Bachelor version better than The Bachelorette. I got hooked on the last Bachelor that turned into a train wreck due to Jason Mesnick's ungentlemanly manners.

Mesnick is still not married to the girl he dumped that nice Melissa girl for. Meanwhile Melissa Rycroft got married in the past week or so.

After the Mesnick debacle I then watched the followup show, The Bachelorette, where jilted Jillian Harris was The Bachelorette. Jillian eventually wore on my nerves. Watching her oil Ed up prior to Ed suffering a manly malfunction, now that was Golden Age Television.

Anyway, I was appalled to learn this morning that the new Bachelor is Jake Pavelka. Jake was rejected by Jillian. Jake is the one who felt compelled to return to the show to warn Jillian about the dastardly Wes. Jake then broke down in tears in yet one more Bachelor balcony crying scene.

Jake got on some of his fellow Bachelor's nerves due to his goody-two shoes manners. I also found that a bit grating. But, Jake is just a good ol' Southern boy from the Dallas area where he's learned to act all squeaky clean, saying things like "Gosh!"

It is apparently some sort of unwritten rule of Reality TV that you must have someone from Texas on the show. Or so it seems.

I'll probably be watching. I like the version with a herd of desperate women, better than when its a herd of guys. The guys all get along much better than the women. The women are much more entertaining. Especially if there are some psychos in the mix.

No comments: