Wednesday, March 4, 2009

American Idol---Group 3: Blind Leading The Blind

On Monday I did not let the DVR get far enough ahead on 24, so eventually I caught up with the present moment and was back watching commercials.

Last night I tried to not make the same mistake with American Idol. I let the DVR get well over a half hour ahead, before I turned on the TV, but zapping through the commercials and the parts that bored me I caught up with the present moment of American Idol sometime early in the second hour.

I don't remember previously seasons of watching this show causing the boredom problem to kick in so often.

I like that new Kara judge. But I don't like having 4 judges. I don't like the format this year, the one shot, make it to the top 3 or your out thing. But, I actually don't remember how it was done before, except it somehow seemed fairer. And somehow, more entertaining.

That was odd last night telling that Von Smith, that he seemed like Clay Aiken. If I remember right Clay Aiken sang well. I may be tone deaf, but I don't think Von Smith sings all that well. And he looks goofy.

I liked the kid with a sense of humor and 3 names, Alex Wagner-Trugman. To my tone deaf ears he sings good. I don't understand why that Nathaniel Marshall Meat Loaf singer is still on this show. But his grandma was amusing last night. I liked Jorge Nunez at the time I watched him, but by morning I don't remember why. The last one up, in the so-called "pimp spot" named Lil Rounds, I liked, mostly, maybe, due to the memorable name. Most of them I can't remember the names and have to look it up. There were a couple Carrie Underwood wannabes who I liked, but in the end were forgettable.

On the notoriously mean-spirited, but often notoriously funny Survivor Sucks, a web forum devoted to all on TV that sucks and sometimes does not suck, there is a thread with people arguing that blind guy Scott Macintyre, from Phoenix, is faking being blind.

Their proof? In a thread titled "UNITE IN PROTEST AGAINST THE BLIND FRAUD" the instigator of the thread, calling herself, Zombie Linda, claims Scott's eyes were focused the entire time. Zombie L insists American Idol be removed from the air for being a latter day Twenty One (game show fraud back in the 1950s).

A Suckster calling himself Jason Siskal utz adds to the "evidence" saying Macintyre "stared directly at the judges, directly at Ryan, stared directly at the camera, then caught himself and forced his eyes to drift randomly upward."

And then another Suckster, Lux Lux Redux pointed out that Scott said he'd "seen the footage." I don't know what footage Scott was referring too. But I take it that Lux Lux's implication is that Scott's saying he'd seen something indicates he is not blind.

The Purple Parrot chimed in saying he/she found "it pretty suspicious that he knew exactly how many steps to take so that he wouldn't fall of the stage. Pretty suspicious."

Click here to read the rest of the spewage on Survivor Sucks.

1 comment:

John Paulus said...

I don't think that Von was anything like Clay.

http://johnpaulus.blogspot.com/