Thursday, March 26, 2009

American Idol: Adam Lambert Wins With Weeks To Go

Last night Adam Lambert continued to appear to have already won this year's American Idol. Last week Simon Cowell told Adam his rendition of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" was utter self-indulgent rubbish. This week Cowell told Adam that he is now a STAR after singing Smokey Robinson's "Tracks of my Tears" Smokey gave Adam a standing ovation, followed by pretty much ever one else.

To go from utter rubbish to being a STAR in one week is impressive. Then again, I often think a lot of what comes out of Simon Cowell's mouth is utter self-indulgent rubbish.

What impresses me about this Lambert kid is he is memorable. Usually it takes me awhile to remember their names, or anything else about them. But this guy is interesting. He's a Karma Chameleon. Last week he had on a lot of makeup with clothes that made him look like a Glam King. This week he left off the fingernail polish and turned himself into Elvis. Well, more accurately, the Kurt Russell version of Elvis.

I fast forward through a lot of American Idol. I don't care for that girl, I think the name is Megan, with the tattooed arm. That girl is painful to watch due to how awkward she moves, her arms rocking back and forth like bird wings. She's a really good-looking girl, except for those tattoos.

The guy who mentioned his dead wife one time too many, Danny Gokey, finally got some harsh words. I don't know what they were, because I fast forwarded through him. But I read that 2 of the judges were critical. I assume one being the always critical Cowell.

I like that super young redhead Allison girl who closed the show. She seems so much older than her 16, or is it 17, years.

By this morning I'm not remembering much about the rest of the singers. I recollect Matt the Piano player only stayed at the piano for a short time. And that the blind piano player, Scott, stayed at the piano the entire time. I don't remember what either sang.

I'm guessing that's part of what is meant by 'star' quality. As in being memorable. That and you want to see what they'll do next. So, I guess, as usual, Simon Cowell is right. Adam Lambert is now a STAR. A male Madonna, changing how he looks week to week. Googling for images of that boy you come up with some very interesting Adam Lambert variations.

I wonder what he'll come up with next? Last night Randy Jackson praised him for straightening up his act or something like that. Maybe Adam will do some more straightening. Lose those awful earrings, maybe. Get a short haircut. Next week come out dressed like a construction worker singing Macho Man. Simon Cowell would likely call that self-indulgent rubbish.

No comments: