Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Real Housewives of Atlanta: Kim Zolciak's Big Poppa Traded in for Big Momma

I'd been reading rumors for a few weeks, the theme of which is that The Real Housewives of Atlanta's Kim Zolciak, she of Don't Be Tardy To The Party fame and a secretive romance with a Sugar Daddy she calls Big Poppa, has been having herself a new lover affair. With a woman.

The rumormongers assumed Kim was concocting some drama for the latest iteration of the Atlanta version of the Bravo TV Real Housewives franchise.

Initially Kim denied she was in a lesbian relationship, saying she was still involved with her Big Poppa Sugar Daddy.

But, now, in a magazine called "Life & Style", Kim has talked about her latest love affair.

The name of the new love of Kim's life is Tracy Young. Kim met Tracy while the two were working together on Kim's "hit" single, Don't Be Tardy For The Party."

Kim says Tracy made the first move, after sparks started flying and gradually escalated til Tracy smooched Kim. Kim says their first kiss was "passionate and exciting."

On Kim's Twitter page, today, she seems to have become best friends with Perez Hilton, the celebrity gossip queen, and makes references to her altered lifestyle.

In "Life & Style" Kim says, "I don't believe love has a gender. I have a ton of girlfriends who have been with girls, and I could never comprehend that before. Now I can. But I don't want to define gay, bisexual or straight. I just think it's too much for me — a woman doesn't define me, nor does a man. I'm among the millions of parents who have been in a gay or lesbian relationship. It hasn't been an easy road lately, but I feel there are no mistakes in my life. Everything happens for a reason. To have the opportunity to speak for myself and to have people understand what I'm going through is really special. I myself was confused and scared at first. Being able to speak from my heart and get this all out, it’s a huge relief for me."

I don't know if I'm buying it. I've known a lesbian or two. The ones I've known are of the stereotypical type currently represented by the Lesbian couple on The Amazing Race. Angry, difficult, humorless women.

But, now that I'm thinking about it. Angry? Difficult? How many times have we seen Kim get angry? And be difficult? But, Kim is quite funny, though often not intentionally. Well, if Kim is a lesbian, she is definitely a Lipstick Lesbian. I've never personally known one of those. Maybe they are happier, more upbeat sorts than the dour miserable lesbians I've known.

No comments: