Thursday, March 18, 2010

American Idol: Lacey Brown Sent Home

Yes, I know, I think I said I was done watching American Idol. But, when I read they'd be warbling Rolling Stones songs I thought it might be good. I was wrong.

How can 12 singers all suck the life out of Rolling Stones songs? It was bizarre.

I did not watch last night's results show. It's easier just to read a re-cap. From that I learned Tim Urban, Paige Miles and Lacey Brown were the bottom 3, with Tim Urban somehow saved by the judges? I did not understand that part of the re-cap.

Lacey Brown had the least votes. I remembered who Tim Urban and Paige Miles were, but I was not sure that Lacey Brown was the redhead, til I Googled the name.

Not remembering the names is sort of an indicator of how boring and unmemorable most of these people are this year.

That annoying "Judges' Save" is back again. So, Lacey had to sing one more time before the Judges consulted and did not save her.

The most amusing part of the Tuesday performance show was when Ryan Seacrest got in Simon Cowell's face saying something about why don't you offer constructive criticism for once. This was in regard to Simon telling Michael Lynche that his dancing was desperate. I don't know if it was desperate. I do know I fast forwarded through it.

Another painful one was Katie Stevens singing Wild Horses. She turned it into an awful song, but not as bizarre as when I heard Susan Boyle sing it.

The judges jumped all over Tim Urban's version of Under My Thumb. Apparently it was a reggae rendition. I didn't quite catch that. I thought he did fine. At least I remember his name.

Siobhan Magnus just irritates me. It may have something to do with the nose piercing, which is also a strike against Crystal Bowersox. I don't get the pimping of these two as being the best and one or the other heading for the win.

I also don't like Andrew Garcia with the strange neck tattoo. Why has this guy not been sent home? I don't get it.

Of all of them the only one who seems at all to have any star quality is Casey James. He just seems like a normal, likable guy who sings well. I don't get Cowell saying the guy needs to give more of a star performance, rather than just standing there. It's like those judges are double-binding nutcases giving out mixed signals. Next week Casey James will probably be dancing all over the stage like a monkey on amphetamines, which will cause Cowell to tell him he needs to restrain himself and stand still.

That little guy, Aaron Kelly, singing Angie, he did well. I think. It was a lot better than last week when he sang about his kids. A 16 year old singing about his kids is never gonna seem right.

No comments: