Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Real Housewives of New York City: Episode 1

I don't know what it is that hooks me with these housewives, unlike the OC version, which just does not hook me. I like those Real Housewives of New York City.

It started off with good drama due to Jill speaking ill of Simon (who they all now seem to refer to as the gay husband of Alex). Jill had told New York Post gossip columnist, Cindy Adams, that Simon was a drunk. Among other things.

Jill was mad at Simon over something he had said about her. A whole lot of brouhaha ensued.

Ramona wants nothing to do with Simon and Alex. I forget if it was Ramona or one of the others, who said they are constantly being told that Simon and Alex are creepy. Well, yes, of course they are, that's what makes them funny.

Ironically, while Ramona was using Jill's ill chosen words as a teaching moment with her daughter, tell her daughter never to commit to print saying bad things about someone. Ramona said this while she was saying bad things that were committed to audio. For the listening pleasure of Simon and Alex. Who, now seem to be uniformly referred to as Silex. I thought that was funny.

Bethenny continues to be reality tv show gold with her endless supply of one-liners. Bethenny seems to have lost a boyfriend and a lot of weight. We saw her in a bikini in, I guess it was, Jill's pool. Jill did not look quite as good as Bethenny in a swimming suit. I like Jill.

The Countess showed up, returning from Switzerland. I guess they felt they needed a new housewife, so the Countess went out for drinks with teetotaller, Kelly, who had a cappacino while the Countess swilled champagne. Kelly seems to be an over the hill former model who apparently operates in the upper echelon of New York City fabulosity, according to Bethenny.

The previews of the upcoming episodes look highly entertaining. I'm in. The DVR is set to record the series. Not that that is necessary with Bravo TV with their endless repeats.

Here is the blurb from the New York Post that got Silex all mad at Jill...

[Jill] also is feuding with "that other one" [former model Alex McCord], whose husband Simon semi-snottily remarked how very obviously Long Islandish or Brooklynish or not classyish certain of these sweet ladies are.

"I do not speak to those two. First of all, he drinks too much. And is very insulting. And they are not invited to my July Fourth party in the Hamptons, which is very big and which is my fifth annual and which everybody wants to come to. She and I will keep doing the show, of course, but I will have nothing to do with her otherwise."

Alex is a former model? That is ridiculous. Or is Cindy Adams referring to the controversial totally naked photos of Alex that "ewwwwwwed" up the Internet and grossed out Ramona so much she won't have anything to do with Silex?

No comments: