Wednesday, February 4, 2009

LOST

I had myself a big night of TV watching Tuesday night. I watched both American Idol and last Wednesday's LOST.

LOST has a new episode on tonight. I knew if I fell behind I'd never catch up, like what happened with Prison Break. I got an episode behind, and then another. And now Prison Break's season is over with me having 9 unwatched episodes sitting on my DVR. And Prison Break has been cancelled. There will be no next year.

Lost week's LOST started off very weird. I think maybe I didn't record a couple minutes. It just launched into this strange thing where Ben was talking to a woman. There would be a tinkling noise and then a caption below telling us who the person was or how they fit into things.

I thought this will be very annoying if it does this the entire episode.

I wondered if I'd blundered and made a mistake and had somehow started up one of those re-cap episodes, but no, it was the latest LOST episode. So, I started over, the woman gives Ben a dire warning that he has to get everyone back on the island, or God helps us all. Cut to the LOST intro.

Next thing I know it was like I'd missed something. Maybe I fell asleep the last time I watched LOST. I couldn't remember why or who the people were our guys on the island were running from. I remembered that Desmond had to find Faraday's mother.

Next thing I know there are some explosions and "Others" with bows and arrows capturing some of our guys. Eventually we learn they've time shifted back to the mid 1950's when America supposedly was trying to test an H-Bomb, which caused the "Others" to have no choice but to eliminate the Americans.

There was some Latin spoken between the bad guy "Others" and Julia, a former "Other." With subtitles. You don't hear a lot of Latin on TV.

Good guy, time shift expert, Michael Faraday convinces the "Others" leader, that guy who is all over the world. And time. I think the name is Richard Alpert, that Faraday can diffuse the bomb.

While bomb diffusion is happening Locke is talking to Alpert, trying to explain he is from the future. Where Alpert was telling Locke how to get off the island. When the time shifted on him.

Meanwhile Desmond forces his way into see Charles Widmore, demanding to know where Michael Faraday's mother is.

Back on the island, while Locke forcefully questions Richard, another "Other" gets all agitated and wants to shoot Locke. Richard tells Widmore to put down the gun. Widmore? Locke asks. Are you Charles Widmore?

Yes. I am.

So, Charles Widmore, the devious plotter behind so much of LOST, is another "Other." It's all too much for a mortal to comprehend.

An incoming noise had Locke saying it's happening again. And then they time shifted once more, leaving the "Others" to go to another time zone.

I think that is when we heard the telltale loud "clunk" noise and the rotating LOST logo.

LOST is being good this year. So far.

No comments: