Wednesday, February 11, 2009

American Idol: Hollywood Week---Part 3

So, last night was the American Idol episode where we see snippets of solo singing, with the singers put into 4 different rooms. We sort of flashed forward and backwards last night, starting late in the day with the inmates already in their holding pens. Then we went back in time for the snippets of singing.

It seems to me that the American Idol producers are milking Tatiana Del Toro for all the Drama Queen nonsense they can milk from her. According to Tatiana's MySpace page, via a long-winded rant, too long to reprint here, Tatiana was pretty much shunned and tortured by her fellow contestants who had no idea of what a living hell her life had been and what she'd gone through to become the magnificent being she is today.

Because the producers had not milked enough drama from Tatiana, for some inexplicable reason, well, actually it is explicable, they did it so she'd create a scene, and that scene was moving Tatiana from one group to another. Due to her being well known, amongst the contestants, as a nutjob her new cellmates saw her arrival as the kiss of death.

They were wrong. Tatiana made it through.

As did that other nutjob, the non-stop crybaby with the pear-shaped body, Nathanial (boo-hoo) Marshall.

I'm a bit weak on the names, but the guy who lost his wife and his best friend made it through. I like the guy who lost his wife. The guy who could not see that Paula gave him a standing ovation, made it through.

And, as a sidenote, before the main show begins can someone not instruct Paula Abdul to stay in her seat? I hate it when she stands up and starts emoting. It's like she's making it about her. I hate that type self-centered, Only Child Syndrome type behavior.

The Indian type guy, Anoop Desai, one of the few names I remember, got through. I like him.

Last night we saw that Adam Lambert, he being one of the favorites, got some harsh criticism earlier in Hollywood week, from Kara, due to being way too Broadwayish with his song delivery. So, last night he came out and sang Cher's "Believe." I don't know if he sang it Broadwayish or not. I don't know what Broadwayish is. I do know he made it through this round. Does that boy have eye makeup? Or is that natural?

I am not totally sure, but I think that young girl with the sad back story about growing up homeless, who was rendered so teary-eyed at the high judge's praise when she made it through to Hollywood, I think she was in the reject room. I'm not sure. When she sang, I thought she did good. But I'm tone deaf, like I've said before. If she did get rejected, maybe she'll be back in the Wild Card round.

I think it is cruel, but funny, how the judges take turns in each room, dragging it out, making the victims think they are heading towards the death chamber and then announcing a reprieve. To all but one very sad room whicj did not get the reprieve.

Anyway, tonight should be entertaining as we narrow it down to the Final 36, with the long walk to face the judges solo. Tatiana should be interesting. I anticipate some heavy duty tears from Nathanial Marshall. It could get ugly. Which is what is known as Great Reality TV.

No comments: